NEW to the market: pre-sale orders now taken
In a Class by Itself
Over 30 years ago, Etymotic invented noise-isolating, in-ear earphones. Etymotic’s original design, developed for auditory research and hearing testing, used balanced–armature receivers and established these speakers as the true reference standard for high-definition, in-ear earphones. The ER4 MicroPro series earphones were the first earphones commercialized using balanced armature technology and are recognized as the world leader in response accuracy, to which all other earphones are compared. After more than 20 years, these reference-quality earphones are still the choice of serious sound engineers, audiophiles and musicians. Paired with the new Etymotion Wireless Bluetooth cable these earphones are unstoppable and sound better than anything else on the market today. With built-in functionality to answer calls, play/pause, and change tracks it’s the ultimate in audiophile portability.
Backed by decades of research and development for the ear
World leader in sound reproduction
- Unsurpassed frequency response accuracy and sound quality — 92%+ response accuracy from 20 Hz – 16 kHz
- The only earphones with balanced-armature, precision-matched, custom-tuned drivers
- Highest output sensitivity in its class
Features ER4XR Etymotic Earphones with bluetooth
- Professional quality and reliability
- Precision-matched, custom-tuned drivers
- Precision machined metal bodies with anodized finish
- Bluetooth cable
- An assortment of noise-isolating ear tip options to ensure proper seal and comfort
Highest noise isolation
- First earphones to completely seal the ear
- 98% (35 dB – 42 dB) noise isolation —highest of any earphones or headsets on the market today
- Reduction of outside noise reduces the risk of listening at unsafe levels
Best durability and warranty
- 2-year replacement warranty
- User-replaceable filters protect the balanced-armature drivers from ear wax
What’s In the Box?
- Bluetooth cable
- ¼” stereo phone adaptor
- An assortment of ear tips, 2 flanged tips included
- Shirt Clip
- Filter removal tool and replacement filters
- Zippered storage case
- Performance certificate
ER4XR is the earphone for music lovers and hi-fi enthusiasts who want uncompromising accuracy in the midrange and high frequencies, but appreciate a bit of extra presence in the lower end. Like the ER4SR, the ER4XR is built with precision-machined, anodized and laser-etched aluminum bodies and features user-replaceable detachable cables. The ER4XR also incorporates the stringent channel-matching standard used in the ER4SR. The ER4XR is ideal for anyone looking for exceptional sound quality with just the right amount of low-end enhancement.
Etymotic bluetooth cable
The Etymotion BT from Etymotic is an evolution in the Etymotic brand but also in the Evolution of the Bluetooth cable. Utilizing the latest Qualcomm chip the Etymotion BT supports AptX, AptXHD, and AptX LL giving it 24 bit/48khz lossless capabilities. The Etymotion BT is the first of its kind to have a dedicated DAC and headphone Amplifier installed. The AKM AK4331 with Velvet Sound Technology is far superior to the built-in solutions and will give the Etymotion BT the edge over the competition in sound quality and volume. This cable is designed for use with the latest Etymotic ER Series earphones and will also work on most other earphones that have MMCX connectors.
Accurate Earphone Reproduction
For earphones to have 100% accuracy, a recording of live performances must produce exactly the same sound at the eardrum as the original performance. To achieve this, the acoustic properties of the ear must be factored in. The acoustic resonance and horn effects of the ear change a flat audio signal entering the open ear into sound with a (2700 Hz) high-frequency boost, which is the same response heard at the eardrum in a typical ear.
Custom fit option
For even better sound isolation have a look at our Custom tips option. Click here.
|Frequency Response||20 Hz – 16 kHz|
|Transducers||High performance, balanced armature micro-drivers|
|Noise Isolation||35-42 dB|
|Impedance (@1kHz)||4XR (45 Ohms) 4SR (45 Ohms)|
|Sensitivity (@1 kHz) SPL at 0.1v||4XR (98 dB) 4SR (98 dB)|
|Maximum Output (SPL)||122 dB|