Do you have a question or query regarding custom-made or universal hearing protection?
Please see the questions and answers below or contact us directly via email.
Once we have received your ear impressions, our production time is usually around 10–15 working days. This is not a guarantee for delivery within a certain time frame, as all custom-made products are uniquely shaped and manufactured. It can sometimes take a bit longer to make a perfect pair for you, but often it will be quicker.
Please be aware that the turn-around time may also vary depending on the number of orders we have in production.
Your custom product can last indefinitely; however, we recommend new ear impressions are taken every 3/4 years as the shape of your ear canals can change over time.
To purchase a set of custom-made earplugs, please visit our online shop.
All products come with a 30 day warranty period for problems with fit, and 12 months warranty on build defects/components. For full details see our terms and conditions
Once you have ordered through our website, our customer service employee will contact you with the details of a fitting point close by. You can schedule an appointment with the fitting point to have your impressions taken. The fitting point will send the impressions to Pacific Ears, and we will make your product and send it back to you. Our usual turnaround time is about 10-15 working days from the moment we receive the impressions.
Yes you can order (extra) filters in our shop under accessories. Filters are sold individually if you need a set, please order two.
Yes that is possible and free of charge in the first month after purchase as long as the filters are still in new condition. The Pro 10, 15, 17, 20 and 26 can be interchanged. So can the Pro31 and Pro27. It is not possible to change the Pro27 or 31 to a lower attenuation filter than Pro27 because the mould is shaped differently. If you have purchased any of the ER series it is possible to change the filters within that series as well. The ER9/15/25 are interchangeable. Please contact us for the details.
I have a problem with my In-Ear Monitors, but they are out of warranty, can you still repair them?
We will keep your ear impressions for 2 years and will be able to use them to make further products when you order them. Please send us an email and we probably can give you a discount on your second or following pair.
Yes, that is possible, please send us an email and we will discuss this with you.
The following list of filters is a good guideline but If you are unsure, please feel free to contact us for advice: [email protected]
- PACS Pro10 – For Acoustic musicians and small ensembles. For light protection in everyday environments.
- PACS Pro15 – Orchestral musicians, dentists
- PACS Pro17 – Most versatile, DJs, Vocalists, sound engineers, gig-goers
- PACS Pro20 – Extra High High-frequency section, ideal for certain drummers and for motorsport.
- PACS Pro26 – For venue staff and people exposed to high levels of noise for long periods of time. Good for industrial use.
- PACS Pro27 – Best suited for industrial use, motorcyclists, and motorsport. The thinner sound tube on the mould to help reduce wind noise under a helmet.
- PACS Pro31 – For Industrial noise reduction when speech is also important.
Yes it is possible to choose a different colour for your earplugs (except for PE Swimplugs).
We have the following options:
- Fire engine Red
- Bright Blue
- Custard Yellow
These colour deviations cost an additional 20 dollars per colour. You can choose your colour when you order a product.
Standard PE SleepSounds come in yellow, but can be made in clear at no extra cost.
Yes you can pay by credit card and debit card. Once you have chosen your product in the shop and added it to your basket you can go through to payment and choose to pay by credit / debit card. You don’t need to have a PayPal account.
We have an extensive chain of fitting points / clinics all over Australia which makes impressions of your ears for us. Once you have ordered a custom product through our website we will send you the details of the closest one.
A qualified employee will make your ear impressions and sends them to us. Impressions are included in the price of the product.
If you have any questions please contact us via email: [email protected]
For those looking to protect their hearing while shooting or hunting we have several protection products in our shop that are specifically designed for shooting.
- Pro Impulse – Custom earplugs ideal for hunting, shooting and the military industry
- GSP-15 Gun-Sport-Pro – Ready fit Ideal for hunters, shooters and gun sport enthusiasts
- Pro Impulse Ready-Fit – Ideal for military use, gunfire, artillery noise and impulse sounds from work tools
- PRO Hearing Protection Filters
Once tested, hearing protectors get a rating from Class 1 to 5, where Class 5 gives the highest protection from noise exposure. (The actual measure is maximum 8-hour time-weighted average noise exposure.)
Under the Australian Standard AS/NZS 1270:2002, the class is an easy way to choose a hearing protector appropriate to a noise exposure. The standard rates hearing protection into five classes, with Class 1 being the lowest level of protection and Class 5 being the highest level. Pacific Ears Australia offers a selection of hearing protection devices with that are rated Class 5.
Our Class 5 Rated hearing protection products:
There are 5 Hearing protection classes:
- Class 1 – less than 90 decibels (dB)
- Class 2 – 90 to less than 100 dB.
- Class 3 – 95 to less than 100 dB.
- Class 4 – 100 to less than 105 dB.
- Class 5 – 105 to less than 110 dB.
Please visit our shop for all our Universal and Custom-made hearing protectors
There are different options for our PACS Pro hearing protectors. Standard / Hand grip / Cord / Hand-grip with a cord thread through the hand grip. Each option (except for the standard) is an additional $11 (hand-grip with cord: $22 surcharge).
1. If you choose the Standard option, the earplugs are most discrete. They have a very flat profile. The earplugs can be removed by pushing on the skull side of the ear in an upwards movement. The seal will break, and the earplugs can be taken out easily.
2. The PACS Pro with hand grip, has a silicone hand-grip on the top of the earplug. This helps with insertion and removal. Depending on your ear shape, the hand-grip might stick out a bit. (size 8 mm)
3. The PACS Pro with cord and shirt clip. The black lanyard is plugged directly in the earplug. For safety purposes and convenience, the cord is removable and should not be used to pull the earplugs out of the ears. If you’re after a removal option only, please select the hand-grip.
4. The PACS Pro with hand grip and cord with shirt clip. This option has the silicone hand-grip with a hole where the cord runs through. The cord is removable.
Please note: All these options need to be chosen at the time of ordering, as none can be added afterwards. You can order the options in the shop when you order your PACS Pro earplugs.
Using too much hearing protection (over-protection) or using double hearing protection can often be harmful due to the fact that the user has diminished situational awareness.
Please see our blog post ‘Hearing Protection – Don’t risk over-protection‘ for more information.
Ear impressions are a model of the complete interior of your ears. They reproduce the shape of your ears using a medical grade silicone, which is crucial to the building of your perfect fitting custom In-Ear Monitors and Earplugs.
This video explains briefly what happens during your appointment when you have your impressions taken.
The PE Sleepsound earplugs are designed for sleeping. They are shaped, so it is comfortable to sleep with daily. Kindly note that side sleeping can compromise comfort.
We don’t recommend to sleep with any of our other earplugs as that may cause pressure on the ear as our other earplugs are designed for a different purpose.
Our solid earplugs attenuate (reduce) the most. A pair of sleep plugs reduces about 30-33 dB. For industrial noise, the PACS Pro31 and PACS Pro27 are the highest attenuating filters: both class 5. We also sell MaxBlock custom canal earplugs, which block most noises. PE Max Block custom fit earplugs block out as much sound as possible, with little ambient awareness required.
Kindly note that it is not possible to block out all sound, not even with a custom product, as sound also travels through the bone structure of your head, for example.
Yes these custom made In ear monitors are perfect for listening to music. You will be impressed by the clarity and accuracy that you gain. It is a completely different experience to listen to music with In ears compared to speakers. Of course our In Ears are also perfect for on stage performers.
Let’s rephrase that question to are custom In-ear monitors better than standard earbuds.
Yes, they are. Custom In-ear monitors are designed to seal perfectly, which improves your listening experience. It also means you don’t need to turn up the volume as loud, which will save your ears.
Our classic PACS In-ears earplugs are passive noise-cancelling earplugs or better phrased noise isolating. They act like solid ear moulds when not plugged in and reduce the sound by 30-33 dB.